The best of these worlds collide as Lana Rosario stars in A Klingon Christmas Carol at the Mounds Theatre in St. Paul this December. See showtimes.
While Lana is a business analyst by day, she is a singer and performer by night. She plays the leading role in the Klingon opera and has performed at many theaters around the Twin Cities (read Q&A below).
A Klingon Christmas Carol is the "classic tale of SQuja’ learning the true meaning of courage and honor on the eve of the Long Night." It is delivered fully in Klingon with English supertitles (captions projected above the opera stage). Rumors has it that Lana has an uncanny ability to learn languages for opera—not your average talent!
Question and answer with Lana
Q: What part are you playing?
A: I am playing SQuja' (Scrooge). This is my sixth year in the show, but my first in this role.
Q: What is your background in theater?
A: I've been performing since I was a child. My bachelor's degree is in vocal performance and my graduate work is in opera and musical theatre performance. I've performed with Theatre in the Round, Hardcover Theatre, Nimbus Theatre, Box Wine Theatre, The Arts Nest, several Fringe Festival shows, and I'm a core member of Fearless Comedy Productions.
Q: What's your favorite part of doing this performance?
A: Being a Klingon is freeing. They tend to live life outloud, without much of a filter. You get to play lots of emotions. And speaking Klingon is an amazing intellectual workout.
See Lana perform throughout the month of December. Dates and tickets are available at moundstheatre.org. Thank you for sharing what you do outside of work, Lana!
A: I am playing SQuja' (Scrooge). This is my sixth year in the show, but my first in this role.
Q: What is your background in theater?
A: I've been performing since I was a child. My bachelor's degree is in vocal performance and my graduate work is in opera and musical theatre performance. I've performed with Theatre in the Round, Hardcover Theatre, Nimbus Theatre, Box Wine Theatre, The Arts Nest, several Fringe Festival shows, and I'm a core member of Fearless Comedy Productions.
Q: What's your favorite part of doing this performance?
A: Being a Klingon is freeing. They tend to live life outloud, without much of a filter. You get to play lots of emotions. And speaking Klingon is an amazing intellectual workout.
See Lana perform throughout the month of December. Dates and tickets are available at moundstheatre.org. Thank you for sharing what you do outside of work, Lana!

No comments:
Post a Comment