Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, November 8, 2018

New Error & Incident form available Nov. 12

A new Error & Incident (E&I) form/process will go live on Monday, November 12. ASR staff members use the E&I form to report and track system or service problems that may impact faculty, staff, and/or students. The process received a much-needed facelift over the course of the last few months and addresses many pain points of the old form. The new form:
  • Allows for dynamic questions based on the status of an incident
  • Connects ServiceNow ticket information
  • Generates ServiceNow ticket at the same as submitting E&I report reducing duplicative work
  • Allows easy communication between the E&I communication group members, including the person who submitted the report
  • Each E&I report has a unique subject line to avoid Gmail truncating messages into a single conversation
These updates have made the process more user-friendly and flexible for varied situations. Look for further communications and links to the E&I communication group and all of ASR on November 12. Additional communications to our campus partners are planned as well. The new form will be linked on the ASR Intranet and the ASR Projects site, and we encourage you to update any of your internal team resources. If you have questions about the new form, contact pwf-team@umn.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment