Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Update from Stacey

Welcome to the last issue of News & Notes for 2021! So much of 2020 and 2021 have blurred together that I’m feeling surprised it is already mid-December. Right now I’m reflecting on how many good things have happened in this last year, even though the pandemic drags on. My kids have returned to in-person school, our University students had in-person classes, and so much good work has happened in support of our students.

One project that I’ve been particularly enjoying is related to Juneteenth. The Academic Calendar Task Force is moving a proposal forward to have Juneteenth be a No Classes Day. I continue to learn about the importance of this day and am grateful to be a part of the work. There should be a formal and final decision by mid-January. I hope each of you have projects that motivate and energize you too. Thank you for all of your support this fall 2021 semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment