Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, May 5, 2022

ASR Staff Engagement May 5 Survey

This week’s ASR Staff Engagement Survey May 5, 2022 assesses how we are feeling going into the final month of the spring semester. Thank you for continuing to share your stories and experiences.

According to the last survey, a slim majority report that they have mostly bad posture while they are working (37.5%). This was followed by 33.3% who say their posture is sometimes good and sometimes bad, and 25% who say their posture is mostly good. In addition, when asked about how often you stand up after sitting and working for a while, most report that they stand up and move around at least every hour (45.8%). Most respondents report not making sure to stretch most days (54.2%).

Finally, we had many great stories shared when asked about your favorite movie experiences. Memories of movie theater popcorn were frequently mentioned as well as fond movie experiences with family and friends. Thanks all for your continued participation! It is very much appreciated. The results from the last survey and additional resources regarding ergonomics are available on the N&N blog.

April 21st, 2022 survey results

How is your posture while you are working?
  • Mostly good - (25%)
  • Sometimes good, sometimes bad - (33.3%)
  • Mostly bad - (37.5%)
  • I’m not sure - (4.2%)
After sitting for a while at work, I try to stand up and move around…
  • At least every hour - (45.8%)
  • At least every 2 hours - (33.3%)
  • At least every 3 hours - (16.7%)
  • I’m not sure - (4.2%)
I make sure to stretch most days.
  • True - (45.8%)
  • False- (54.2%)
Check out the DEHS resource page for more information and tips on ergonomics and environmental health, including a self-assessment tool and option to set up a virtual assessment.

What is one of your favorite experiences when seeing a movie at the theater? What movie was it?
  • Pulp Fiction when it was first released on the largest IMAX screen in Ireland with a beer in my hand.
  • Seeing Mary Poppins when it was re-released in movie theaters. It was great to see it on the big screen.
  • During my college days, I held a position with Columbia Pictures. Setting up screenings, having actors visit and just watching the movies I promoted was cool enough for me. Cheers.
  • I had seen Signs already but brought my 12 yo brother to it. I waited and then grabbed his arm at the same time as the aliens grabbed the kid on screen. Brother jumped up, screamed, and then collapsed back into his seat. He doesn't like to sit near me in the theater anymore.
  • The Force Awakens! It was such a good audience (not being disruptive or anything) and everyone was so jazzed to be watching a new Star Wars movie!!! I honestly cried when the Blockade Runner theme played 😂
  • I love getting to see everything on the big screen and really get into it! Though due to COVID I've gotten really used to streaming movies from the comfiness of my couch. The last movie I saw in theaters was the newest Spider-Man. I am also excited for the new Jurassic World movie - dinos on a big screen is amazing.
  • 1.) Rocky Horror Picture Show, and 2.) Rocky Horror Picture Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment