Go to the U of M home page

Wednesday, February 19, 2025

ASR Staff Engagement February 20 Survey

This week’s ASR Engagement Survey assesses your workspace. Thank you for continuing to share your stories and experiences.

According to the last survey, most staff do not believe Punxsutawney Phil was correct with his prediction of 6 more weeks of winter (38.5%). Most answered correctly that the groundhog has only predicted early spring 21 times since 1887 (30.8%).

Finally, we asked about the accuracy of the groundhog’s predictions. Approximately 40% of the predictions on Groundhog Day have been accurate (42.3% answered correctly). Thanks all for your continued participation! It is very much appreciated.

February 6 survey results

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this year, predicting 6 more weeks of winter. How do you feel about the prediction?
  • I like it! We need more winter. (15.4%)
  • Boo! I want an early spring (23.1%)
  • I don’t care either way (23.1%)
  • I don’t believe the groundhog (38.5%)
Since 1887, how many times has the groundhog predicted early spring by not seeing their shadow?
  • 13 (19.2%)
  • 21 (30.8%)
  • 42 (23.1%)
  • 64 (26.9%)
Approximately how accurate have the predictions on Groundhog Day been?
  • 15% (34.6%)
  • 25% (11.5%)
  • 40% (42.3%)
  • 60% (11.5%)

No comments:

Post a Comment