Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Update from Stacey

With the conclusion of the World Series games, Halloween, and the end of daylight savings time this weekend, it’s time I face the fact that we are well into the fall season. It’s 146 days until MLB Opening Day, but only a few days until spring semester registration opens for our students. On a personal level, I’m always struggling to catch up to the season we are in. While at work, I’m always looking at least a season or two ahead.

This week, I have spent a considerable amount of time working on budget documents for ASR. As I’m advocating for resources, I am writing about the many projects we have taken on in addition to our “regular” work. It’s an impressive list and a few highlights include:
  • Classroom schedule and room assignment changes due to pandemic changes
  • Grading basis changes for the pandemic policies (8,065 in fall and 4,907 in spring)
  • Developing and maintaining the COVID-19 vaccination student group and hold processes for the vaccine requirement (about 4,000 students university-wide currently have the registration hold)
  • Disbursing $85M in CARES I, II, and III funding to students
  • Assisting the largest incoming undergraduate class since the 1960’s
  • Managing new certification requirements from the VA for student veterans
  • Launching the Promise Plus program
  • Assisting with NextGenMed
  • And the list goes on!
We are able to paint a vivid picture of how important ASR is to the University because of all of you. Thank you, and happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment