One of the key principles of Kanban is limiting work in progress (WIP). By restricting the number of tasks that can be in each stage at any given time, teams avoid overloading and ensure that work is completed more smoothly and efficiently. This also helps prevent context-switching.
Half way through the year, I decided to take a high-level look at our stories from 2023 vs. 2024. In 2023, we had a less formal process, and we weren't as intentional about creating and scoring stories for our work. We delivered 185 stories for a total of 368 story points. So far in 2024, we've delivered 460 stories for a total of 697 story points. I don't think we've had a 250% increase in productivity this year. Rather, I think this reflects two things:
- We're tracking more of our work.
- We've gotten better at breaking stories down so they're smaller.
No comments:
Post a Comment