Go to the U of M home page

Wednesday, March 5, 2025

Mental Wellness in the Workplace

Managing burnout: Conversation starters

Based on your feedback, we are offering resources to help you identify when your workload is too much and how to have conversations about stress, burnout, and workload with your supervisor.

From staff to supervisor 
  • What am I doing that is working well and why? What am I doing that needs to change? 
  •  What do you see as the highest priorities for me right now? What are lower priorities? 
  • Could we discuss re-evaluating/postponing/removing X from my workload? 
  •  What parts of my work are most important for you to be up to date on and how can we check-in? Where can I be more autonomous? 
  • What projects or tasks do you think are coming around the corner? 
  • What would you like to know about my work? 
  • What causes you to feel stressed related to my work? What gives you confidence? 
  •  What skills do you think are most important for me to work on to support my career progression? What steps should I be taking? 
  •  If I need help with something, what's the best way to get your input or support? 
  • Is there anything I need to know about you or the team to support you right now? I feel it’s important for you to know… 
See our additional resources on having meaningful conversations.

Join the Mental Wellness in the Workplace Committee

Are you interested in shaping and supporting mental wellness in ASR? The Mental Wellness in the Workplace Committee is looking for new members, and welcome anyone interested to join us! Depending on our workload and capacity, we meet about every two weeks. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, you can reach out to a committee member.

No comments:

Post a Comment