Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Update from Sue

I am catching up on events of the week, and the continued acts of violence disturbs me to the point where I am experiencing so many mixed feelings. I feel both anger and sadness at the same time, and so many of you are probably experiencing similar emotions. Be assured that you are not alone. If you need someone to talk to about your emotions, please take care of yourself. Remember that ASR needs you, the University and its students need you. You provide valuable information and necessary processes to keep this place running smoothly. Thank you very much!

I heard a quote on my Minnesota Department of Health call that really resonated with me: “Progress is impossible without change, and those that cannot change their minds, cannot change anything.” The more I think about this quote, the more I think about it during meetings. ASR wouldn’t be a leader in so many areas if we just remained status quo. I really enjoy the energy so many of you bring to various projects, problems and issues, and putting the students first. Wow! I am so impressed with all of you. I don’t let you know this often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment