Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, July 29, 2021

ASR Staff Engagement July 29th Survey

This week’s ASR Staff Engagement Survey July 29th, 2021 explores public speaking and giving presentations. Thank you for continuing to share your stories and experiences!

According to the results of the last survey, most prefer to be trained by a colleague when learning new software/technology (38.9%) followed by practicing on your own (30.6%). Most feel comfortable with using the various aspects of Zoom with 55.6% indicating that they are ‘very comfortable’ with Zoom and 44.4% indicating they are comfortable and know the basics of Zoom. When asked ‘how quickly do you update your computer when prompted’, most wait until the end of day or a convenient time to install an update (52.8%), followed by 25% who will get to it eventually and 22.2% who install updates immediately.

Finally, when asked about who you would have a conversation with if you could have a conversation with anyone, many responses included family members such as great grandparents, grandparents, and parents. Other responses included Michelle Obama, Alexander Hamilton, and Harriet Tubman just to name a few.

Thanks all for your continued participation! It is very much appreciated. The results from the last survey are available below.

July 15, 2021 survey results

How do you prefer to learn new software/technology?
  • 38.9% Trained by a colleague familiar with the technology
  • 30.6% Practicing on my own
  • 11.1% Taking a self-paced course
  • I use all three when learning software technology
  • I learn best by doing, but I like to fit in some observing and talking about it
  • Practicing on my own but having someone near I can call on
  • I like all three! I like to take a course online first, then train with someone, then practice on my own
How comfortable are you with using Zoom?
  • 55.6% Very comfortable
  • 44.4% Comfortable
LinkedIn Learning has two courses on Zoom (How to use Zoom and How to Effectively use Zoom) for those that are interested.

How quickly do you update your computer when prompted?
  • 52.8% Wait until there is a convenient time or until end of day
  • 25% Not very quickly, but it happens eventually
  • 22.2% As soon as I see an update available
If you could have a conversation with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
  • Eleanor Roosevelt
  • My mom
  • My grandma and grandpa
  • James Beard
  • Kermit the Frog
  • My Great Grandfather
  • All my grandparents

No comments:

Post a Comment