Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Update from Stacey

Working on campus is at the top of my mind as we enter the last couple of weeks of July. We met on campus yesterday for our Wednesday morning directors meeting, and it was such a joy to see people in person. I have a few reflections based on this experience, in no particular order:
  • I hope many of you have the opportunity to reconnect with campus soon if you haven’t been there recently. Seeing colleagues in person, grabbing lunch at a favorite spot, and enjoying the outdoor spaces on campus made the commute worth it.
  • Be patient with yourself. If you are starting back in person after a long absence, it might be challenging. Remember to bring your laptop, UCard, any keys you might need (thank you Jeremy for helping me when I forgot my office key), and other items.
  • Switching between in-person meetings and zooms was harder than I remembered. I think this will all get more routine with practice, but be kind to yourself and your colleagues as we transition to more in-person interactions.
Working with flexibility during the pandemic has taught us about what is possible for remote work. I’m excited to learn more about our hybrid work environment as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment