Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, August 12, 2021

ASR Staff Engagement August 12th Survey

This week’s ASR Staff Engagement Survey August 12th, 2021 takes a look at preferences related to committing to projects. Thank you for continuing to share your stories and experiences!

There were several close results in the last survey. When asked about how people feel about public speaking, most feel that they enjoy it at times, but not always (41.9%), followed by 35.5% of respondents who enjoy public speaking, and 22.6% who do not enjoy it. Most prefer to give presentations in-person if they had the choice (41.9%), while 29% of respondents prefer Zoom. When asked about icebreaker questions, most reported that they enjoy them depending on the situation (45.2%), with 29% reporting that they generally enjoy them.

Finally, we had lots of interesting responses when asked what you collect, including miniature figurines, art supplies, shoes, comic books, quarters, books, and state park stickers. Thanks all for your continued participation! It is very much appreciated. The results from the last survey are availble below.

July 29, 2021 survey results

How do you feel about public speaking?
  • 41.9% I sometimes enjoy it, sometimes not
  • 35.5% I enjoy it
  • 22.6% I do not enjoy it
If you had to give a presentation, would you prefer to present information over Zoom or in-person if you could choose?
  • 41.9% In-person
  • 29% Over Zoom
  • 16.1% I don’t have a preference
  • 12.9% I’m not sure
Check out this short TED Talk, "10 ways to have a better conversation," to learn the ingredients of a great conversation.

Do you like icebreaker questions?
  • 45.2% Sometimes, it depends on the situation
  • 29% Yes, I enjoy them
  • 25.8% No, I’d rather skip them
Need an icebreaker question for an upcoming meeting? Give the random question generator a try!

What (if anything) do you like to collect?
  • Recipes! I love trying new ones and finding favorites
  • Yarn
  • Vintage all cotton bed sheets and vintage enameled colanders
  • Mid century glassware and artwork
  • Rocks
  • Coffee mugs from places I travel to

No comments:

Post a Comment