According to the last survey, most respondents have worked at another Higher Ed institution before joining the University (58.3%). Additionally, 66.7% say they have changed roles since they started at the University versus 33.3% who have stayed in the same role.
When asked when you do your best work, a resounding 83.3% say they do their best work in the morning. We received a wide array of responses when asked about your first ever job. Many folks mentioned being a babysitter, nanny, dishwasher, and working in retail or sales! Thanks all for your continued participation! It is very much appreciated. The results from the last survey are available below.
June 1, 2023 survey results
Have you worked at any other Higher Ed institutions before joining the University of Minnesota?
- Yes (58.3%)
- No (41.7%)
- Yes, I’m in the same role I started in (33.3%)
- No, I’ve changed roles at the University since I’ve started (66.7%)
- In the morning (83.3%)
- In the afternoon (16.7%)
- Waitress at a local greasy spoon diner
- Volunteering at the Humane Society. First paying job was counting customers with a clicker in a B Dalton
- Besides babysitting, it was working at Field Schlick at Maplewood Mall. Field Schlick was similar to Dayton's.
- Mowing lawns on a turkey farm where I was paid $1.00/hr. (I was 12).
- Cashier at our small town drug store as a teenager - best gig ever!
- Student Worker at CSP
- A beer salesperson at the metrodome for Twins games. "Cold Beer Here!"
- Making cotton candy and running a kiddie train ride at a Fall festival at a local farm store
- Camp counselor at German language camp
- Cold calls selling carpet cleaning services
No comments:
Post a Comment