Go to the U of M home page

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Update from Stacey

Did you know that October 16 is this year’s annual Financial Aid Day to recognize financial aid professionals? Say thank you to your financial aid colleagues! The rest of us can celebrate on Higher Education Day next summer, a thing I only learned about via some googling just now.

I thought I would also share some general updates about what I’m working on. My two biggest projects at the moment are the annual budget process and writing a report on federal compliance for the University’s re-accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission.
  • OUE submits its annual budget compact materials in the fall. My project, with the directors’ support, is to write a document that outlines our highest priorities and major financial concerns. It also needs to demonstrate how we would implement a 1.4% reallocation. What does that mean? In our document, I need to explain how we would cut 1.4% of ASR’s budget, but I also have the opportunity to show the negative impacts to dissuade decision-makers from making a cut. Additionally, a budget cut could be offset by new money if new initiatives or significant financial concerns receive funding. We are a fortunate unit at the University that is recognized for our high quality work and importance to the mission, so I am optimistic about the process.
  • Part of our re-accreditation process happening in 2025 is to assemble a number of reports. I am leading the federal compliance reporting, with help from staff in ASR and across the campus, to describe our FERPA compliance, instructional time policies, transfer credit practices, and other items. I don’t have a lot of dedicated writing projects these days, so I’m really enjoying this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment