October is the season of Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) meetings, where participants gather with their peers across member institutions to discuss pressing issues and learn from one another. In ASR, we participate in BTAA meetings for financial aid, bursars, privacy officers, and registrars (I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone!). Last week, I had the pleasure of traveling with a few OTR staff for the registrars meeting hosted on the Purdue campus. I always appreciate getting inspiration for some business improvements as well as the reminder that we are doing so many things right.
Sarah Kussow got a special tour of some classroom spaces, and we discussed alternative credentials and microcredentials. We also shared our wisdom with schools starting a one stop office for students, and discussed numerous detailed processes. If you would like to know what peer institutions are doing, talk to your unit director for ideas on how to connect through the BTAA or other professional organizations. I’ve found immense benefit from these opportunities.
No comments:
Post a Comment