This is a difficult News and Notes for me to write this week. By now, you probably have heard I have decided to leave the University and go into the consulting world and share what I have learned from many of you. This decision was not an easy one because of all the terrific staff in ASR and how focused we all are on student success. ASR staff are the best problem-solving, innovative group of people I have ever worked with in my entire career. I am always in awe and so proud how all of you come to the plate with your ideas, solutions, and imagination. However, this also makes it easier for me to leave, because all of you will carry on and do even more amazing things with new leadership.
Those of you who have worked with me directly know that I like to take a risk and so many of you help ensure the risk will pay off. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn. I am taking a huge risk and I won’t have all of you to help me this time, however, I believe that all of you have influenced and trained me well. I have lost many hours of sleep thinking through this decision, writing down the many pros and cons. I love the University of Minnesota, but more importantly I love the work that each one of you does for the University making that positive difference in students’ lives. Wow, how breathtaking. You do not get all the recognition you deserve, however, know you are crucial to the success of this great place. We are an organization that transforms which is why we thrive.
You are all ready for a new leader and will continue to transform and thrive. You are part of something greater than yourselves. I am so excited for all of you to take this organization to another level. Thank you for everything and go forth and continue to be amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment