Go to the U of M home page

Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Update from Stacey

I was at the annual American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) meeting last week, where I attended several educational sessions, met with multiple vendors, and got to sample some local New Orleans food. The conference offered me the opportunity to connect with colleagues and learn new things.

While it was not the official theme of the conference, AI was a part of many of the sessions, whether it was AI improvements from vendors, impacts on student development, or compliance issues. We also spent a lot of time discussing the implications of various federal changes, especially the impacts of H.R.1 (One Big Beautiful Bill) on financial aid. I had never been to New Orleans before, and I definitely need to take a trip there sometime where I can really experience the area more deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment